Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Daily Report: Kung Poo

I woke up a little late again, and only got in a half day of work before heading out the door at 3:45 to go with Pui to pick up Pot from school after his first day of hour-long extracurricular English classes. (He couldn't say a single English word that he had learned. Oh well.) Tomorrow he adds after-school swimming classes to the mix as well (which begin after English class finishes), and thus will be coming home every day at 5:00 p.m. from school.

After that, it was over to the traditional Thai costume store to see if Pot's jacket for Sunday was finished. It was, and he looks really cute in it.

From there, it was out with Stan and Mem (and another friend, Glen) in Stan's truck down the coast about 20 miles to Rayong and Preecha Seafood Restaurant. There, we had a kilo of shrimp (Thai: kung), a kilo of crab (Thai: poo), a kilo of lobster, 1 kilo each of 2 different types of clams, a big pile of raw oysters, plus shrimp fried rice, deep fried shrimp, stir fried vegetables, and at least a few other things that I forgot. (Price, with sodas and a bottle of wine: $65 plus tip. Not bad, eh?)

After that it was back to Stan's house where I watched 3 hours of Battlestar Galactica while Stan and Glen sat around Stan's computer. (I know... it's impolite to sit for 3 hours as a guest on somebody's couch, watch TV, and ignore one's hosts completely, but I told everybody early on in the evening about my show (and I had intended to go back to my home after dinner to watch), but everyone insisted that it was fine for me to watch my show at Stan's... so I did.)

Anyway, it was home by 10:30 and in bed by midnight.

No comments: