Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Bad Trip

I was a foreign exchange student in high school to Brazil. I had really overall very nice host families, and every foreign exchange student I met (American and foreign) said the same thing about their host families. I had actually wondered before if something like this ever happened... and now I know.

You see, there are only two places on earth to find large numbers of insane extreme religious fundamentalists.

The second place is America. What happens when a family of religious extremists somehow gets approved to be a host family?

Just how do foreigners visiting our country react when they come into contact with one of the 1 million Charismatic Fundamentalist Christian Americans who consider a foreign language to be what comes out of their mouths when their eyes roll back in their heads at their 6-hour Sunday sacraments?

Anyway, on behalf of all sane Americans, I would like to apologize to the poor Polish kid in the article I linked to above.

2 comments:

wbilanco said...

What year did you go to Brazil? Was that after I graduated out of Haverling?

Jil Wrinkle said...

I went from August of 1986 to December of 1986, so I think yes, it was after you graduated.