Saturday, November 18, 2006

Daily Report: The Changing Landscape

Up early. Got to work late. (Was futzing around with the blog, natch.) Half a day of work. Spaghetti O's for lunch. Spaghetti O's for dinner. Happy happy joy joy.

Pui and I went out for the evening. We originally planned to meet up with Willie and Kak at a bar on Soi 10, but they decided to stay home at the last minute. Then we decided to go to watch the James Bond movie, but upon inviting Mike and Riza, they wanted to wait until tomorrow night, and thus so did we.

Therefore, with nothing to do and an entire evening to do it, Pui and I went out.

First we drove to North Pattaya to meet up with some of Pui's old friends. We drove along the back roads through what was just a year ago vast empty fields, and in that short amount of time, new hotels, restaurants, and apartment buildings had sprung up all along the way. (Coming home by a different route later that night showed more of the same.) Literally thousands of new buildings per year are going up in Pattaya, and a vast number of them are actually attractive. Pattaya has to be one of the fastest growing places on the planet right now.

We stopped at a bar on Soi 2 and had a beer there. Then it was off to TQ1 where we had a beer. I saw my friend Fred there, and just missed Ray by seconds on arrival. Then we went to TQ2 where I met up with BBQ Bob, and wound up chatting with the American Navy's attaché to the embassy in Bangkok. Nice guy. I'll apparently be seeing him again at Bob's Thanksgiving dinner.

I had some tacos at TQ2, while Pui chatted with all of her friends there. After that, as I said earlier, it was home via the back roads.

Oh. I had some business cards made up today with my website address on them. I'm going to start giving them out since even my best friends (Stan, Ray, Willie, Rick, and many more) don't know the address of my blog.

No comments: