Friday, March 09, 2007

Daily Report: Steak

Work was great in the morning, but crap in the afternoon. Subway delivered for lunch.

In the evening, Pui and I went out to Bighorn Steak House in the arcade across Second Road from Mike's Shopping Mall with Stan and Mem, Bob and Ta (who is expecting again), and Glen (who is leaving town soon, so get in your goodbyes if you know him).

The last/first time I went to Bighorn, I wasn't that happy... but that was more because of my menu selection than the restaurant. This time, with 7 people ordering 7 different dishes, I could see that the food was excellent. I had a 200 gram steak with mashed potatoes, all covered in a bernaise sauce. (I'll complain by saying that some more asparagus would have been nice. Two stalks was too few.) The steak was cooked a perfect medium rare.

All in all, a great place to get steak. Glad I went back a second time for a second chance.

After that, it was back to Stan's house where Stan and I had drinks and were joined by SB2 (that would be Steve Blumenthal's (who was SB1) business partner in Mermaids).

No comments: