Sunday, November 19, 2006

Daily Report: Beer and Bond

So it was off to Pattaya Park for the afternoon, then a pleasant evening at home. From there, it was out to TQ2 where the usual crowd of friends were waiting. I bought myself a beer and my TQ2 girlfriend, Jip, a lady drink, and Pui had an orange juice, and she bought her TQ2 girlfriend, Gae, a lady drink. (Yes... every person who is a regular at TQ2 has to adopt one of the bar girls there as their own because... well... Let's just say that not many people go to TQ2 for the ladies.)

After too many people bought me too many beers (although they all get my warmest and sincerest thanks... *hic*), Pui and I went out to Big C to watch the new Bond movie with Mike and Riza.

So how is the new Bond?

Bartender: "Would you like that shaken or stirred?"
New Bond: "Do I look like a guy who gives a damn?"

That says it all.

I loved the movie... although the lack of a rogue nuclear weapon, underground criminal complex, killer sharks, or the earth's iminent destruction by diamond-tipped laser were missed. Sort of.

Home at 1:30 a.m. Heh. I remember waybackwhen in New York when 1:30 a.m. was when my day finally got rolling.

Above photo credit goes to the bug cart lady, who was passing by TQ2, tempting these two lovelies to stick their heads out of the curtained front door of the bar to call in their order of deep-fried crickets.

(NOTE: Time stamp artificially set to get post to fall on day it refers to.)

No comments: