Friday, December 29, 2006

Daily Report: Cherry Discovery

Standard old half work day accomplished. Back to square one, I suppose. Had Subway sandwich delivered for lunch today.


Cherry Restaurant, Third Road: Best
food for the price. But lacking in
decor, atmosphere and service.
For dinner, it was out to Cherry Restaurant on Third Road across from Excite Disco. Pui, Pot and I went with Stan and Mem, and Mike and Riza. The restaurant actually was recommended to me by Bob. I'll define the place as "discount gourmet". Most of the entreƩ prices are in the 180 to 250 baht range, with a 395-baht prix-fixe menu as well, which is what I had. The food really is as good as you will find at Bruno's or Mata Hari or Casa Pascal (Pattaya's top restaurants) for half the price or less. However, the decor is a lot less attractive, the service is a fraction as polished, and the general ambience is louder, more crowded, and livelier.

So, if you are a gourmand who focuses only on the food, Cherry Restaurant is the best value you will find in Pattaya... and some of the best food. If you are a dining afficianado who calculates the whole restaurant experience when rating a restaurant, Cherry Bar falls short in all aspects that don't involve what is on your plate... cost notwithstanding. (Me? I'm all about the food, so I'll be going back.)

Anyway, after that we all went to Rick's to hang out for a few drinks. Then it was home by midnight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad (for this post only) that you don't have too many readers...that Cherry resturant is a diamond in the rough!
I went there my 2nd to last night, last trip.
Great food.
Don't give all the town's secret's away Jil; just because you may move "up country" some of us common folk have to get by in Pattaya!
late.

Anonymous said...

I knew a real Mafia Don who's name was Frankie The Eye , and he would tell everyone he was a really nice guy , except he would cut your heart out if you crossed him.


Now Franky The Eye was a true gourment , all the best was eaten by Frankie back in the day.


He may have busted a few cherries along the way also.

Anonymous said...

I am truly confused..

Anonymous said...

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea.