Saturday, November 25, 2006

The View From My Window

A few months ago, columnist and blogger Andrew Sullivan had the brilliant idea of asking people to mail in photos of the view out the window next to the desk where they read his blog at. I guess what he expected was a desk lamp and pencil holder in the foreground, and perhaps the skyline of Soho or the mountains of Arizona in the background. What he got instead was a collection of some of the most amazing backyard, frontyard and plain old beautiful shots ever from all over the world. He was going to run the series for just a couple of days, but "The View From Your Window" series has been so popular that he has had it going now for a couple of months, and it shows no signs of letting up.

Now obviously, I have nothing remotely interesting to photograph from my window... or at least anything that Andrew Sullivan would put on his blog... but I know that at least my mother would be interested, and hence:

The view from my window.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that an animal on the roof?
Your mother

Jil Wrinkle said...

That's my cat.