Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Slices Restaurant Review

While at brunch on Sunday, this fellow Vinnie mentioned a restaurant that I had heard about before... the recently opened "Slices" on Soi Diana. I was in the neighborhood today, and as I have been known to offer up body parts in fair trade for an excellent calzone, I figured I would stop by.

First off, the place is tiny. Owner Bobby must be a pessimist... or a Lilliputian. Six bar stools pulled up to at-wall counters are your only dine-in options. Make it to seven customers, and you're at S.R.O. levels.

I had 2 calzones, each at 45 baht... $1.25. They aren't monstrous calzones, but surprisingly, they aren't small either — about like oversized croissants. They do taste great though. Mine had ham, mushrooms, pepporoni pepperoni, and red and green peppers. (I had to ask for sauce... I guess I'm the only person who eats their calzones with pizza sauce. Well, it's my thing.)

After that, I had ice cream for dessert. The sign says "Home Made", but the ice cream isn't made on the premises... so that's a bit misleading, but that doesn't make the rum raisin ice cream at 30 baht per scoop any less amazing. The whole meal, with 2 cans of soda, was 190 baht.

From 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. every night, Slices has an all-you-can-eat pizza special for 99 baht (1 drink minimum). Don't let that discourage you from coming in for lunch though: The pizzas they serve are large 20-inch-plus pizzas, and at 45 baht per slice, 2 slices for 90 baht might be enough to fill you up.

Now slices does have delivery (call 083-832-3237, 150-baht minimum), but don't be surprised if they turn you down as their delivery area is limited to central Pattaya it seems. I have at least been told that they won't drive out to Soi Osama Bin Laden to bring me some more of their calzones, which is too bad... and is my only pet peeve for an otherwise excellent budget restaurant.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good review on Slices; they have the only good tasting pizza in this part of town.
I am sure this place will do well; the owner is very smart.
Umm, since your web-savy mind wasn't able to help with my log-in problem...
Pepperoni not pepporoni might fit better in your review.
Thanks again for a great post.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Ok there smartypants. You trying to win the free toaster by pointing out all my mistakes here?

Brunty said...

Well Jil. You have a really hard life there in Pattaya. Always eating great food at nice restaurants and drinking with friends. I wonder what the rich people of the world are doing my friend?

Jil Wrinkle said...

Nah... don't get to worked up there buddy: The grass is always greener on the other side of the khlong.

Some nice peace and quiet out in the country is what I'm thinking about right now.

Issarat said...

No toaster for me; maybe a drink sometime at TQ2?

Anonymous said...

Worst pizza I have ever tasted!!!

Anonymous said...

Worst pizza I have ever tasted!!!

Anonymous said...

Worst pizza I have ever tasted!!!