Thursday, November 16, 2006

Daily Report #1769

Pui didn't wake me up today. Apparently since I didn't wake up yesterday when she tried, she figured that meant she was supposed to stop trying. Hmm... I wonder why my mother never figured that out way back when.

I did half a day's work, and then oh... about a sixth of a day's work in addition to that. I'm so proud of my progress.

For some unknown reason, Pui wanted a McDonald's hamburger for lunch, so that's what we had. Actually, McDonald's hamburgers in Thailand are 19 baht... about 50 cents. I ate three for $1.50. Not a bad meal compared to the All-You-Can-Eat place from the other night.

Tonight's Bond movie was "The Man With The Golden Gun" filmed substantially in Thailand. Pui had a blast watching, mostly because she could understand what all the upset street vendors and police officers were yelling as James Bond went tear-assing through Bangkok.

Oh... One of my love birds in the cage outside died about a month ago, and Pui replaced it today with a parakeet. (I don't think she realized that lovebirds like to hang out with other lovebirds.) The cats were immediately interested in the new arrival, of course. I set Pot on watch with an anti-cat water pistol for an hour or so to wait until the bird got settled in and figured out where the "safe spots" in the cage (i.e. away from the sides) are.

No comments: