Sunday, December 24, 2006

Daily Report: As Good As It Gets

Christmas Eve, Thailand. It really was just the perfect day. I started off with one-quarter day's work, but that really is beside the point.

Early afternoon, it was off to TQ2 for their annual Christmas Eve "snow storm". Early afternoon is the kid's party, and the place was just packed with families. Owen and his boy Boss were there. Bob and Gina, Alan and Jason, Me and Pot, Willie and Birt, Kak and Sara, and even Mem (Steve's widow) showed up with Kevin and Bobby.We all spent the afternoon playing around in the "snow", and just having a great time. Bob served food, and the DJ played Christmas music. We and the kids just dove and plunged and jumped and splashed around in the grand whiteness of it all. Regardless of age, plopping yourself down up to your neck in styrofoam pellets is just irresistible.Of course, at 4:00 we ushered all the kids out the door, and Santa's little helpers came out for their own version of winterland frolicking. (Below, Owen tells some elves what he wants for Christmas.) I stuck around long enough to play Santa for a little while before going home to make my dish to pass for dinner tonight.I went home and made broccoli and cheese for Rick's Christmas Eve dinner. Pui and I took along Maid Go. Pot was already at Willie and Kak's. There were 20 of us for dinner. Rick did turkeys, ham, stuffing and potatoes. I provided the cheesy broccoli (which was a surprise hit, considering that I was totally winging the recipe).After dinner, we spent hours upon hours resting, digesting, drinking, talking, and making merry... finally getting home at 1:00 a.m. Now I'm here at my computer, and the cats are chasing left-over bits of styrofoam fallen from my pockets. Time for bed... Merry Christmas to all my readers.

No comments: