Saturday, December 09, 2006

Daily Report: New Drawers

Back to the old standard: 2½ hours of work, break, 2½ hours of work. Today's break was fun though because I sat down with Pot and we watched "Chicken Little" (Thai soundtrack, English subtitles) and we ate Mexican food, and giggled together through the whole movie. Quality time with Runt.

I sent Pui shopping today, and she came back with Malibu rum, a coconut, and some pineapple, and I made piña coladas. The first double-shot batch was so-so, but the second was really good. Two servings by myself is more than enough to set me afloat.

Pui also bought me a bunch of boxer shorts, which she was oddly very excited about. It was indeed her first purchase of clothes for me, and the event seemed to make her quite anticipatory. She kept urging me and urging me to try them on, so I finally did, and when they fit just fine Pui clapped and looked oh-so-happy with herself.

We spent the evening at Rick's bar. Home late though. Hoping for a good launch out of bed tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

(Oh... I spent a fair amount of time trying to explain to Rick and Justin why anyone — let alone my good friends Rick and Justin — would be even remotely interested in reading my blog. Truthfully, Rick and Justin couldn't grasp... and I really couldn't explain... why they would find it interesting. I guess it's like Seinfeld: You can't explain it, you just have to tune in and find out for yourself.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pui. Interesting Thai name. I worked in Romania for several years. Maybe you would be interested to know that "pui" (same spelling, exactly) in Romanian means "chicken", but more specifically, "little chicken" (an old or big chicken is "gaina") -in other words, in American slang, "pui" means "chick". It is also a term of endearment, of sorts, for anything that is "small and cute" (puppies, guppies, baby rabbits, etc.). I found your card today, in my bag. Looks like it has been there a while, and I hope that is true, because I forgot how I got the card -or from whom. So I visited. Still didn't answer either of those two questions, but it was a nice read for coffee. -"DanaSaur" in Pattaya

Jil Wrinkle said...

Well, my best guess would be that I gave it to you either at TQ2 or at Bob's BBQ. Thanks for visiting though! Hope you enjoyed your coffee.

Anonymous said...

There we go. Has to be that. Bob is a very good friend (I was a long-time Texas resident, as opposed to "born Texan" like Bob). And recently, I visited TQ2 at invite of a Bob-pal. Nice entertainment, there. I like your politics. In this (far too) highly polarized world, that usually doesn't get said unless there are LOTS of parallel beliefs/ideas. Here is one of my cartoons, which, after "hearing" your views, I think you would like: http://www.schloss.ro/MUGGERS.GIF (caps required/case sensitive on my domain's file names). See you again at Bob's sometime. Then, it will click.