Monday, December 25, 2006

Just A Song About Thailand and Thai Whiskey


Mekhong Whiskey...
Drink of choice for
the seasoned traveler
to Thailand.

The Refreshments...
Music of choice for
the seasoned traveler
to Thailand.



Actually, Mekhong whiskey
(with an H) and the Mekong
River aren't the same...
but The Refreshments can
be forgiven for thinking
so. In Thai, the river is
called "Mae Nam Kong".
Barkeep... Another Mekong please
Yes of course, you can keep the change

A new glass here for this new friend of mine
Forgive me, I forgot your name
Flip a coin... What shall we talk about?
Heads I tell the truth and tails I lie

Well I came all the way
From Taipei today
Now Bangkok's pouring rain
and I'm going blind again
And I haven't seen my girl
for fifteen thousand miles

But is it true it's always happy hour here?
And if it is I'd like to stay a while
Well as cliche as it may sound
I'd like to raise another round
And if your bottle's empty
help yourself to mine
Thank you for your time
And here's to life

The Refreshments, Mekong

No comments: