Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Daily Report #1772

I made it downstairs twice today: Once for a popsicle, and once because I heard a funny noise... like a cat belching... or what I imagine a cat would sound like if it were to belch. I never did find out what made the noise though, so that one was a wasted trip.

I did only half a day of work today... but it was the new improved larger half day of work, so I can experience a new improved larger anger at myself for having missed the other half.

However, I can direct my new improved larger anger at Lo Mein: No more pasta for lunch. Ever. Period. I am depastafying my daylight hours because the Flying Spaghetti Monster and the Sleep Monster are one in the same. (Different religions, different names, you know.)

So a slack-jawed, drool-dripping nap ate up a good portion of my afternoon, much to my enjoyment and chagrin.

Pot stayed home from school again today. He would go out and play and then come back and cry to his mother about being sick. Repeat. Repeat. What is the old saying? "Feed a cold, starve a beaver, ride a bike with a viral infection?" Something like that.

No comments: