Monday, December 18, 2006

International Beach Football... Not A Joke

In an article that raises more questions than it answers, we are informed that an "International Beach Football tournament" is going to be held in Jomtien from the 18th to the 23rd of December.

Now, I will say, if this were Jones Beach on Long Island, or Daytona Beach in Florida, where they used to race cars, I wouldn't be wondering, but if you have ever been to Jomtien Beach, you'd be wondering the same thing I am: A steeply sloped, rather narrow beach lined with trees is going to host a soccer game? I can stand on Beach Road and hit the water with a throw-in. They'll definitely be playing at low tide.

Well, I found these rules online. The rules prohibiting "Damage to Hotel Rooms" and "Playing While Intoxicated" seems to give the sport some added panache, don't you think?

No comments: