Sunday, September 18, 2005

No Longer Might... Definitely Moving

Rangsima wants my pool fixed. She sent over an engineer from the pool company with Tui yesterday to figure out if my suggestion to drain the pool and paint the inside of it with sealer would hold water. (P.Int.)

More or less, was his conslusion. Let's get to work, was his recommendation.

Rangsima called me and said, "We'd like to drain the pool tomorrow and start replacing some tiles and blah and blad and blah and 3,000 baht worth of water."

My reply: "Well, I've decided to take the house next door. Why don't you wait until I move there?" (I didn't want to be in the middle of a Thai-managed repair/construction zone.)

I do often make major decisions like that. I can't make up my mind to repaint the bedroom until I've squashed a fly on the wall. Then everything seems so simple.

So anyway, I need to talk to Ralph, the German currently next door (although he spells it funny, like Reulph, or something). (A) I want to make sure he's not leaving because a big falling block of ceiling concrete barely missed his head while he was sleeping, or he discovered a body in the gardens or a ghost in the pantry. (B) I want him to make sure that he leaves the DSL internet connected for me, and see if we can put it in my name (and get the password and username).

I guess I'll be moving sometime close to or shortly after October 11th... at which time my phone number will be unchanged, my e-mail address will be unchanged, and my address will change by 2 or 3 digits - but not sure specifically how.

The move, as always, will be easy: Toom will bring over the same guys that she always brings over when something needs to be moved. My only job will be to unplug my computers, and carry them next door... because there aren't enough bullets in the world to give me satisfaction on the person who drops one of my darlings... assuming that person isn't me... and then I'll just laugh and think how stupid I was not to trust another person... well, you get the picture.

The cats? I'll just toss them over the wall. Hell: That's an idea. Get 5 or 6 guys in a line, one guy sitting on top of the wall, and just hump all my belongings straight on over.

No comments: