Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Another Day In The Van

Visa run today. That means 3½ hours in a van to a border crossing with Cambodia in the middle of nowhere; 30 minutes getting stamped out of Thailand, into Cambodia, out of Cambodia, and back into Thailand; and then 3½ hours back to Pattaya.

The nice thing is the duty free shopping while in Cambodia. I used to shop for cigarettes - Marlboros at $5 per carton, the more fancy Davidoff cigarettes from France were $10.

Now it is whiskey. Today I bought some Hennessy VSOP for $25, and Johnnie Walker blended malt (green label) for $25. I don't plan on drinking much of either... but it's nice to be able to say, after a nice dinner for 8, and forks have been laid across empty desert plates, "Would you care for some Cognac? It's VSOP, you know."

And that's exactly what I will be doing as soon as I know 8 people.

No comments: