Saturday, September 03, 2005

Jeep Window Shopping

Jeep is my maid's daughter. She goes to college in Bangkok. I'm dating her. How we got from there to here is kind of long and convoluted... but I'll tell you someday. K? Jeep says her name is the sound of birds singing, but you and I know better. Still, she doesn't get it when I call her My Little Comanche.

I explained to Jeep the concept of "seuh korhng nah tahng"... or buying windows... or window shopping. She thought I was joking about the name. But we walked around the Royal Garden Plaza looking at all the store windows and admiring all the things for sale, and she got the idea.

Then, I saw a dress in the window of one store, and told Jeep, "I have to see you in that dress." Quite shy, Jeep initially wanted to take a pass, but even she recognized a nice dress when she saw one. She went in to try it on.

Well, I knew instantly that Jeep and the dress were made for each other, and bought it for her. 2,800 baht... but... well... if you had seen the dress, you would have understood.

Anyway, the next day, Jeep said, "I want to go buy windows again... Maybe you see a nice shirt for me."

Doh.

No comments: