Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Standard Night Out

I went out last night to TQ2 to make cosmos for Steve. I was going to go on Monday night, but before going out, I tried to perfect my recipe... drinking all my mistakes. I wound up slack-jawed in front of the TV instead.

Unfortunately, by the time I got to TQ2, Steve had already gone home, and it was just Bob from Bob's BBQ and me holding down the fort. So, I taught the bartender how to make cosmos, and he served Bob and I his sample batch. Perfect. We each had two more. (I had 3 before coming... just to make extra doubly sure that I know how to make them just right.)

At about 9:30 or so, Bob said he wanted to "spread his wings tonight." (That means going out instead of going straight home to the girlfriend.) So, we decided to hit the bars in the Soi Diamond section of Walking Street.

We started off at Lucky Star A GoGo. There were several pretty girls there, with much nohm and hoy on display. Bob and I each had a vodka tonic, and then moved on. From there, it was upstairs to the Shark Bar, where several girls from Planet Rock (where Bob used to be the manager) had moved, including the ladyboy mamasan. They were having a buy-1-get-1-free deal going on, so Bob and I put away 2 more vodka tonics, and enjoyed the nohm and the hoy... and some old familiar faces as well.

After that, it was back downstairs to Undersea A GoGo. More nohm. More hoy. More vodka. More tonic. From there, it was off to Happy A GoGo where Bob and I managed to drink one more vodka tonic each. Our heads were nearly on the table, but not because we were so drunk... but because the tabletop was a mirror, and the girl dancing on it was not wearing any knickers underneath her skirt. Ahoy. Home by 11:30.

Well, that's a standard boring night out in Pattaya... covering about 50 feet of the mile-long Walking Street. Amazing that some people scrimp and save all year just so that they can travel halfway around the world to do for 14 days in a row what Bob and I did last night. Once a month is good enough for me.

No comments: