Friday, October 07, 2005

You're Goin' Down Boy

OK... think about this for a minute.

1. Massive quantities of water used to leak out of my pool each day: Hundreds of gallons straight into the ground.

2. This means that underneath and around my pool was a giant wet spot. Hundreds of gallons per day into the solid ground... we're talking a space probably half the size of a football field maybe 20 or 30 feet in depth.

3. Every day, a hundred more gallons entered the space, which means that most likely a hundred gallons also flowed out... to somewhere... really doesn't matter where.

4. We fixed that problem... no more water is flowing into the space.

5. The space is still emptying though... to somewhere... really doesn't matter where.

6. What matters though is that it is emptying, and what does something leave behind when it empties? Empty space, duh.

7. Now my house is creaking and groaning. Wonder why?

Man, I'm so glad I rent and don't own.

No comments: