Saturday, October 01, 2005

Friday Margaritavila

I went out Friday to Margaritavilla with Reeza's Mike. There was a steady drizzle from 8:00 p.m. onwards, so I rode in his truck. There was actually a huge crowd there. Rick, the owner, has opened a school for accrediting English teachers upstairs, and business is obviously booming. I would say there were about 15 people I guessed were English student teachers... along with about a dozen other customers.

(I must say though, if I had seen them anyplace else, I would have never guessed some of them to be future teachers. Some people are obviously taking up teaching only because it allows them to stay in Thailand.)

Anyway, the people I know in this photo are Robin on the left, Rick and Mike way off on the far right, Reeza with her back to the camera, and Eddie (who works with Mike) the young guy at the far end of the table in the red shirt. (Oh... the mecury filter work: 100% certain now. Starting in December. Cool.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize that place! I don't see Rick tho - He had a white beard when I saw him last.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Rick's head is on the right edge of the picture, facing away from the camera.