Monday, October 03, 2005

Parties

Since this blog started after the summer, I never got to write about my July 4th party. Actually, my last blog finished before the summer of 2004, I never got to write about my July 4th party of 2004 either.

Well, I've found my purpose in life: To throw parties. I love throwing extravaganzas. OK... not that far over the top, but close.

So, I've decided that as long as I am in Thailand I will have 3 official Jil parties every year: The Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and St. Patrick's Day... each about 4 months away from each other.

The Fourth of July party was an expensive undertaking because of the beer: I had all American beer for the party... 6 cases. I also spent quite a bit on liquor, and glasses, and all the equpiment to set up a 5-star buffet. Next year won't be as bad, however, because I don't have to buy all of the platters and glasses and bowls again.

Now, my Thanksgiving party is coming up, and I am going to be throwing a full-service 4 course formal dinner with cocktails beforehand for 24 people. Man, I thought the July 4th party was expensive. Try buying full, formal place settings for 24 people. (Well, at least it isn't sterling silver and real China... how expensive would that be?)

Well, as before, I only have to buy it once, and now I will have the ability to throw full-service dinner parties for any number of people, up to 24.

No comments: