Monday, October 31, 2005

Final Update on Miss International Queen 2005

I found this page on Mimi Marks, from Chicago, who was crowned Miss International Queen 2005 here in Pattaya on Saturday night. (Photo courtesy of that page.)

I think it bears repeating: This is one beautiful lady, but I believe her main attribute (and the reason she was chosen over other competitors) is her ability to promote the Miss International Queen pagaent on American (and European?) soil.

I'm going to withdraw any gripes I may have conveyed earlier about the "most beautiful" transsexual (Miss Korea) not winning because I remembered this: The purpose of the pagaent. The pagaent was billed as an event to promote GLBT (Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender) issues and to promote tourism in Pattaya. That being the case, the judges made the correct decision. Mimi Marks is the best-suited competitor to aid the purpose of the pagaent.

No comments: