Monday, October 31, 2005

School's In Session

I have a few rules for Took: The first rule is that although she doesn't need to work, she can't sit around the house all day being bored. (You would think this wouldn't need to be a rule, but after several Thai girlfriends, I find it necessary to make it.) Corollary to that is the rule that she cannot just go out all day and hang out with her friends doing nothing. (Again, from experience with prior girlfriends.) Therefore, I gave Took two and/or options: One would be to go to English school, and the other would be to do a job that is fun or tham boon (merit making) such as volunteer work.

So, Took is going to go study English at AUA English School. She went today to take the placement test, and scored at level 7 out of 15... which is quite high. She's giddy... as a schoolgirl. She called me up so excited.

That's all I really ask for too: That the things I do for Took cause her happiness and excitement.

No comments: