Thursday, October 06, 2005

Baseball and Bob's

Once again, Bob's Wednesday night 149-baht rib special was frickin' awesome. Bob had the Yankees / Angels game on to watch, and the huge 99-baht frozen margaritas were amazing. (Bob really does have strawberry margaritas that are as good as you can get, made with fresh strawberries and everything.)

I've been hanging out with Bob for almost 2 years now, and I've watched his restaurant go from a time when Bob would get so excited that someone would come in to eat ("I think they may even come back!") to a place where it's rare to find the place without any customers. (In a town that has as many little restaurants as it does bars, that's an accomplishment.)

Yes, I believe in all honesty that Bob is already a success in a difficult industry in a difficult town... but more importantly, I believe that we are only seeing the beginning of what Bob's is going to become over the long-run. It'll be fun to sit at the bar of Bob's million-dollar 250-seat rib emporium on Walking Street and say, "I knew Bob when..."

No comments: