Saturday, October 01, 2005

New Airport

I'm pretty jazzed about Bangkok's (Pattaya's) new international airport, due to open next year. It cuts an hour of driving time off going straight from the airport to Pattaya (from 2½ hours to 90 minutes), and that doesn't factor in the avoidance of Bangkok traffic, if any.

In addition to that, there are now nonstop 20-hour flights from Bangkok to New York City. That means that all told, I can go from my house in Pattaya to a hotel room in Manhattan in (gets out calculator) right around 25 hours, compared with 35 hours before.

(Yes mom, if I were to leave right now, at 7:00 on Saturday morning EST, and catch a rental car from JFK, I could be home in time to miss Church on Sunday.)

(We won't talk about the corruption, the environmental damage, and the delays involved with building this any airport.)

No comments: