Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Big Storm Coming. No Toys To Help.

Big flashes of lightning, and thunder that rolls and rumbles along for 30 seconds at a time going north to south along the beach. Then silence. No rain. It gives you that feeling of an imminent invasion... the sky just waiting to swoop down upon you while you go and hide in a darkened bedroom, sitting on the warm carpet, feeling the house shake. The anticipation makes me feel like a 6-year-old, ready to run laughing away from the deluge to a warm, safe place, with several of my favorite toys for moral support, and I pretend the world collapses around me. Don't worry: I, my rabbit, bear and Raggedy Andy will repopulate the world after this disaster.

No, it's 30 years later, and I shall sit at my computer and continue working, risking electrocution. I've no toys anyway.

No comments: