Saturday, October 29, 2005

Out For Dinner

It was out to Bob's for Friday All-You-Can Eat Fish Fry.

The Tiffany's "International Queen 2005" show is divided into 2 days. I have tickets for tomorrow (Saturday) night's show... where they crown the winner. The talent portion was tonight. Lolo, the Tiffany Show's principal dancer, called me and told me that since tonight's show wasn't sold out, I could have 2 free tickets, so Took and I went. Fifth row, mid-far left.

There is a reason why the talent show didn't sell out: Talent is not these ladies strong suit, mostly consisting of lip synching. However, Miss Japan did have an amazing female soprano voice, and Miss Germany did a great little schtick were she came out DRAB (dressed as a boy) and then quite astoundingly and instantly transformed into female onstage. Miss Brazil is a Britney Spears wannabe, and was pretty popular. Miss USA (1 of 4 Americans), however, won doing "What A Feeling" from Flashdance with acrobatics, back flips, and splits in high heels.

The highlight of the evening for me though was just getting to see all of the contestants. Most of the transsexuals at least qualify as "quite attractive", and several of them are beautiful. I said earlier that Miss Thailand 2004 (Miss International Queen 2004) had a beauty that would be difficult to beat. I am glad to be wrong: Miss Korea is the clear winner of this year's contestants. No sense even holding the contest tomorrow night really.

So: After the show was a photo op. Hence: Photos... taken on my camera phone.

Left to Right: One of the judges. One of the Miss USA's (several from USA), another Miss USA, Miss Brazil, Miss Phillippines (several from the Phillippines as well), Miss Thailand (only 1 Miss Thailand is allowed to compete), and Miss Malasia.

Left to Right: Miss Indonesia, Miss Japan (2 contestants from Japan), Miss Korea (tomorrow's winner), Miss Germany, another Miss Phillippines, and... Miss I-can't-remember in the top hat. That's two-thirds of the 18 contestants. There was a Miss Laos, another Miss USA, another Miss Japan, and 2 more Miss Phillippines. This is only the second year that they have held the constest, and in that one year, they have doubled the number of countries competing.

Oh... and I'll throw this picture in: On the drive home, I got stuck in traffic behind this guy. I snapped his picture when he was turning around to get to a parking space.


He and his buddy in a brand new Ferrari, which I didn't get a picture of, were out in Pattaya for the evening. Some of us have a pretty good life here in Pattaya. Others of us have juuust a little more.

No comments: