Monday, October 03, 2005

Overslept Again

I guess oversleeping isn't the proper way to describe it. Oversleeping is measured in minutes. We're talking 5½ hours here. That's amazing.

Well, it's wrong to do it, but the medicine I used to quit smoking has a great side effect of giving me perfect sleep: Unconscious whether I want it or not at 10:00 p.m., and out of bed like an electrical shock at 6:00 a.m. without an alarm clock. I'm going back on it.

I happen to know that Zyban/Welbutrin is perfectly fine for long term use, and I'm only using half doses... but I just think that using medication to go to sleep, wake up, et cetera, is Elvis territory. (I guess I think I should just stick with my beer before bed and coffee in the morning, eh?)

Well, I most assuredly cannot afford to oversleep 5½ hours ever... at all... never... whenever. That's work time I'm losing. Two or three more days like that and the rent doesn't get paid, let alone the tab for some big dinner party.

No comments: