Thursday, April 26, 2007

Daily Report: Photo Argument


Da, Sara, and Rick
Pretty much the same work day as yesterday. Subway delivery for lunch.

In the evening, it was out to Rick's bar with Mike and Riza. Rick's wife, Da, arrived fromVientienne today with baby Sara, and this was their only night in town as they are going on vacation to Chiang Mai tomorrow.

I have been deleting the photos from the new digital camera's memory card after I put them on my computer. Pui's Songkran photos from Petchabun (almost all 240 of them) have been gone for a while, but she didn't realize it until tonight when she went to show them to Da by flipping through them on the camera's video screen. She was absolutely furious and we wound up getting into a big fight about it. She was angry because I "deleted" her family photos, and I was angry because she refused to accept my fourth, fifth, and sixth apologies. (I was also angry because I had kept 5 or 6 of the best photos, along with 5 or 6 other photos I liked of Pui, but that wasn't enough — she wanted all 240 photos on the camera.)

Oh well. You can't stick together as a couple without coming across a couple of rough patches to work through.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jil I have never posted on your blog before but deleting someones photos is a pet peeve of mine. So this is what I have to say.

I've had my photos deleted before and I didn't like it. I understand why she is upset. While I know it is impractical to keep them on the camera they could have been burned on a CD/DVD.
Just my two cents worth.
Mike

Anonymous said...

With all your big bucks, you could buy her a memory card or make a website free. whay an asshole you are. you know me, the guy who thinks you're a jerk for taking your infant son to a smokey gogo. fact.

Anonymous said...

Okay. I agree. It was stupid to delete those photos. You were sorry. Sure you won't do THAT again.
JWW

Jil Wrinkle said...

Wow: Three people in a row... including my own mother... who can't read worth a damn.

I quote:

"I have been deleting the photos from the new digital camera's memory card AFTER I PUT THEM ON MY COMPUTER." (You know... the words that you just read in this post before coming here and leaving comments?)

Let me define "putting them on my computer" for those of you on the slow side. That means:

1. Plugging the camera into the computer.

2. Downloading the photos OFF of the camera and ON to the computer.

This is what people with brains do BEFORE they delete the photos from the memory stick on the camera.

Please don't leave comments on my blog that prove to me that you either don't bother to read, or are incapable of understanding the English language.

Anonymous said...

I would appreciate it if you would post in ALL CAPS from now on for those of us that are unable to read and understand the English language when typed in lower case letters!
Just my two cents worth.
Mike

Anonymous said...

god..what a pathetic group of posters...

Jil Wrinkle said...

Be nice Franky (Anon @ 9:30 AM): Only I am allowed to diss my mother ("JWW") on my blog. ;-)

Sorry Mom: Nobody gets breaks when they make misguided comments on blogs. I still love you though.

Anonymous said...

I'm more interested in the Subway delivery. My office is on Sukhumvit Pattaya Tai - is that close and can I have a phone number.

Oh and you should have got the snip for being so dreadful to your poor suffering lady. You nasty man.

Jil Wrinkle said...

P.N.: By all means... 038-360-083.

And your snipping sarcasm is a refreshing change from... The Others... for lack of a more diplomatic term.