Monday, April 02, 2007

Daily Report: An Overnight Day

After 24 drinks last night, getting out of bed was not high on my list of priorities today. In fact, becoming a functional upright human managed to stay on the back burner until 3:30 this afternoon. (However, after 12 hours of sleep/recovery, I woke up feeling quite fine, thank you.)

Due to the fact that I have to be up for a visa run on Tuesday morning at 5:00 a.m., and hadn't even started work until 9:00 tonight, I decided to work straight through Monday night until Tuesday morning. I didn't achieve quite that, but got in my standard (substandard) 2,000 lines in 5 hours.

But it is 5:00 a.m. and I'm still awake, and ready to climb into that van and go to sleep.

Pui's father is on his way down on the bus from Petchabun for a visit. I have no problem with that concept: He's a quiet and unobtrusive fellow. I probably won't even notice he is here unless I specifically go looking for him.

(Time stamp adjusted to make entry fall on the day it refers to.)

2 comments:

Burk said...

Just want to say I enjoy your posts..I'm in California, but have been to Thailand 3 times within the past 13 months now and hope to come again like in Oct. or Nov...

I'm thinking of going to Issan this time..what's your take? Nice women? Anything to do? Interesting country? Which cities are decent? Thanks..

Jil Wrinkle said...

Hi Rod. Thanks for the nice words.

Isaan is a fine place to visit. I specifically recommend Petchabun because that is where Pui is from. Not much to do though.

I recommend you scroll down on the right side of my blog to where it says "Archives Sorted By Labels", and then select "Trip Reports". You'll find the kind of info you are looking for there.

I look forward to hearing from you again.