Friday, April 06, 2007

Daily Report: Spending Spree, Day 2

The original plan was to use my tax refund check to just buy gold... but... well... things just didn't work out that way.

Don't get me wrong: I did buy a nice pile of gold to fritter away over the next year. However, a sizable chunk of change was spent today on other stuff.

First thing this morning, it was off to the travel agent's office to buy plane tickets. I bought a plane ticket for Riza to go to the Philippines as a favor for Mike. Then I bought a plane ticket to America... 70,000 baht, premium economy... about 130,000 baht cheaper than business class, and from what I've heard, the only thing you don't get is the upgraded meals. We'll see.

On the way back home, I bought yet another motorcycle. This one is for me. It's a Tiger (the minor brand that also makes a motorcycle called "The Joker", if you know your Thai motorcycles). It's 150 cc and is a little bigger and more powerful than the Nouvo, but has the same type of automatic transmission. Love the yellow color.

After that, I went out and bought Pui a digital camera... a Sony Cybershot, plus a photo printer. I also bought a new coffee machine.

So all in all today, I went through about 200,000 baht. Yikes.

This evening, I was supposed to go out to dinner with Stan at Casa Pascal, but unfortunately Stan canceled as he was out drinking with Mad Mick and Fred and the gang at a bar on Thappraya Road. I went and joined them. However, as a blowout bar party was not what I was really interested in doing, I called it quits after 2 beers. Instead, I went and hung out with Rick at his bar for a few hours before coming home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Jil. Riza has arrived safely and we had a chat via internet. She has had a dose of belly problem and did not keep any food down over the flights.

Issarat said...

When will you be in the USA?
Let me know if you ever need a camera; as I have extra digital ones here and can bring them.

Jil Wrinkle said...

I'll be in New York for the last week of June and first week of July.

I don't need a new camera... I'll steal Pui's if it should come to that.

What I do need is a new phone... my RAZR is going all twitchy on me lately, and the camera has always sucked. I'm going to buy one of those Nokia P73 phones for 18,000 baht when my next tax refund check comes in any day now.

Jil Wrinkle said...

By the way... when are you coming back to Thailand Franky?

Issarat said...

can you send your 'regular' email address to me on my blog?
We can chat more on there.