Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Daily Report #1786

I was up early but didn't get to work until noon. (Blog stuff you know... it pays so well.)

I understand 30-some-odd innocent people were murdered yesterday and it wasn't in Iraq, so the entire American nation practically ground to a halt in shock and grief. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Work was alright today. I hid in my room, away from the songkran waterfights and drunken partying. Even when I was a teenager, I wouldn't have gotten into songkran: My idea of fun was getting dressed up, hanging out and being mellow... seen and be seen. I'm pretty sure that (aside from the wet women) teenage Jil wouldn't have found the world's biggest water fight much fun. Well... the wet women would have gotten me out there, I'll admit.

Go's son and daughter-in-law drove home today. Guess they had a dog to get back to. Pot is still gone. Mike's Riza should be home tonight. Pui has a cold and has gone to bed early. (Going into a 65ยบ air-conditioned 7-11 store soaking wet might have done it. That's how everybody else in Thailand winds up with colds during songkran.)

My company had a telephone conference today... the 6 people I work with got together and mostly just swapped work stories. That's fine if you are calling a 1-800 number, but at 30 cents a minute, for 30 minutes, it isn't as enjoyable.

Anyway, I really have to bust my ass at work this week. I have 80,000 baht worth of bills coming due on May 1st, and I'm not wanting to start cashing in the gold that I bought this month just yet. Blogging may or may not be light for the next 5 days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

30-ish people dead.
I saw a blip on the (excuse for) the news the other day.

I promptly turned the TV off and wow; had a great day.

Selfish?
Fky
(too lazy to sign in again)

Jil Wrinkle said...

I think it was Dr. Andrew Weil who said that taking a "News Vacation" was a very healthy thing to do. If exposure to too much CNN and BBC makes you fat and slow, it would explain a lot.

Issarat said...

But at least you are a hell of a writer...