Thursday, April 05, 2007

Daily Report: Spending Spree, Ringing The Bell

Instead of working this morning, it was out to do some shopping with Pui, Pot, Maid Go, and Pui's father. The first stop was the gold store, where I bought some gold, and got Pui's bracelet out of hock. Pui once again showed that she is not completely Thai (or completely sane), because when I told her to pick out 1 baht of gold for herself, she only picked out a one-quarter baht dolphin-shaped ring for herself, saying that she didn't want any more than that.

From there, it was off to the Yamaha store where I bought Maid Go a motorcycle. I've been renting a second motorcycle for the better part of 3 years now, which is silly.

I bought Go a Yamaha Mio, which is a slightly smaller model than the Nouvo that I purchased for Pui. It's really a pretty scooter, with a custom brown and black factory paint job, and some after-market chrome fixtures on it.

After that, we all went to the electronic outlet store to buy a digital camera, but unfortunately my hard and heavy spending spree scared the people over at Chase Manhattan, and they put a hold on my bank account until they could find out what was going on.

So instead of continuing onward, I went home and got a little work done (700 lines in 2 hours) before saying, "screw work"... today's present to myself for having received my tax refund money.

At 7:00, it was out to TQ2 where I met up with Stan, Alf, and Dr. Jeff. I rang the bell and bought everybody in the bar a drink. Then everybody bought me a drink. (Oh... I found out my little waitress/girlfriend's name: It's Ahm... and when she smiles her cheeks puff out and her nose goes all crinkly, and she looks just like a cabbage patch doll.)

After that, it was off to Champion with Alf and Stan and Dr. Jeff, and everybody continued to buy me drinks.

My last stop of the evening was at Lennie's, where I hung out with Bob for a while, ate tacos and burritos and jalapeno poppers, and I also tried out their pear cider. Now that was good... as was the Newcastle Ale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahm looks like a sweet heart from Jakal