Monday, April 30, 2007

Daily Report: Enjoying Winners And Losers

It was out to the all-you-can-eat Beni Hana Sunday Brunch with Franky, Vinnie, Geordan, and Kim. We stuffed ourselves stupid on sushi, steak, lobster, and the all-you-can-drink 1,100-baht-per-couple (Geordan was my date) deal. We sat, drank and ate from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

After that, it was off to Bookazine where I bought a couple of sci-fi-fantasy novels for my upcoming trip, and then back home where I spent the afternoon relaxing.

In the evening it was off to Lennies (without Pui... as she had spent the day at Stan's house with Mem helping with chores) for Bob's tacos. I hung out with Stan, Eric, Bob, Alan, and Dr. Jeff. After that, it was off to TQ2 with Stan, Alf and Bob.

The Coyotee Sexy Body dance contest was tonight at Coyotee-A-GoGo... starting at 11:00 p.m. I tried to talk Kung into participating, but she was too shy. So, in order to generate some interest for the next contest, I paid Kung's barfine, and took her along to Coyotee as my play date. It was a blast at Coyotee, as Kung and I sat in the VIP section with Alf from TQ2, Father Tommie of Nanapong fame, the fellow from Pattaya Addicts (sorry, I can't remember your name), along with Niels from Pattaya People TV. (Another guy I know with no friends or money had to settle with sitting alone drinking bottled water. Heh: Totally and exactly what I expected. Had to stop one of the guys from the Pattaya Secrets board from starting a fight with him.)

The mammasan from Coyotee took an immediate shine to Kung, and with her urging, my own monetary incentive, and no small amount of alcohol, Kung volunteered herself for the contest. She eventually danced her way into the finals... but (much to everyone's surprise) didn't win. Still though, she had a blast, and was just a-twitter with enjoyment and excitement.

After that — at about 2:00 a.m. — it was back to TQ2 for a final round, and then home. That is an official record for my latest night out since last September, if my memory serves correctly. Ugh.

Oh... by the way: From one of my brunch partners today is an interesting tidbit of information. The salary of Pattaya's Chief of Police is 100 million baht per year ($2.8 million), with a 15 million baht annual fee paid directly to his superior in Chonburi in order to renew his employment contract. It is, of course, assumed that similar fees are received by the C.O.P. in Pattaya from his subordinates. Just the way things are done in Thailand.

No comments: