Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Daily Report:

Standard half day of work: 2,000 lines in 5 hours. (In case you are wondering, I'm supposed to come back to the computer and sit down and crank out another 1,400 lines of transcribing in what has so far been a yet-to-happen second half of a day, which is why I always call this a "half day".)

In the evening it was out with Pui and her father (and Pot) to Bob's BBQ for his Wednesday Night 175 baht rib special. I sat around and chatted with Bob for a while. After that, it was over to Rick's bar to join Rick (just back from business in Cambodia) for beers. Rick pretty much convinced me to move to Sihunoukville, the "Pattaya Beach" of Cambodia — however Pui is exceptionally uninterested.

After that, Mike showed up and the discussion turned to the currency situation in Thailand. Then, Gene joined us as well. After that, it was... Scott, I think his name is... who bakes the British pies next door, the Eminently Unlikeable Ernie from California, and Scott's brother, Adam, a monstrous and beligerent guy who was always thisclose to beating the shit out of Ernie.

Anyway, I called it a night and came home to go to bed. Before calling it a night, I had one bit of good news: My tax refund finally showed up in my bank account. Boo-ya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must agree about snooky. It is moving up on my prefered places to retire everyday. It isnt perfect but it is better Thailand lately. From Jakal

Issarat said...

Jakal and Jil (ha ha, that is funny):
Can you guys elaborate on the pros and cons of snooky?
thanks,
FKY