Thursday, March 29, 2007

Daily Report: Half Day, Moving Day

I was up early, thanks to Poopy Cat making a racket. Well... 8:00 is sort of early. I spent most of the morning installing a firewall on my old computer. It has always been a virus receptacle, and since I don't e-mail from it, don't do anything except graphic editing, MP3 downloading, and pron surfing, I just left the viruses alone, and they me.

However, My Old Faithful, Control Center 107, has been starting to get buggy lately, so I evicted the viruses, and am now talking to you from the secure confines of a firewall. "Can you hear me??? Good." (It's from an old Verizon commercial... you youngsters wouldn't get it.)

My first half of the day went well: 2,000 lines in 5 hours... my standard. Riza and Maid Go got together today, and Go learned how to make cottage pie, which is what I had for lunch at 4:00. After that, I took a nap. However, instead of getting back to work, I decided to cash in my chips and call it a day. Instead, I went downstairs, and had an evening of Discovery Channel. Mike joined me at 7:00 and we watched "Really Big Things" and "Mythbusters."

Pui and all of her friends in the neighborhood spent the day helping another friend move. Now she is sitting at the friend's new house passing the bottle around. She'll be home late.

2 comments:

Issarat said...

It sounds like a busy day. What virus software are you using?
My other computer is running SLOW; do you think I have a virus in it?

Jil Wrinkle said...

I downloaded a software program from download.com called Panda Antivirus. It's good for 30 days... after which the viruses are welcome to try again.