Saturday, March 10, 2007

We're An American Blog (Woo Hoo)

One of my readers commented that my blog contains a lot of "American" references that some of my other readers might not know about. Hence this post: Most of my readers are American. (I'm not saying this to demean his comment... it is a valid point... However what bits of American culture somebody from Europe might or might not know is beyond me. I will grant that the Ann Coulter reference was a tuffy though.)

Anyway, here are the last 100 visits to J.I.P. based on my Site Counter tool. As you can see, most of my readers come from America. (The high number of readers from continental Europe find their way to my site through blind Google searches, as opposed to clicking on links, or from their "Favorites" list, so a large portion of them I don't really expect qualify as "readers".) I'm quite surprised to see only 1 visitor out of the last 100 is from Thailand (the other one being me). It's usually 5 or 10. Perhaps it's a glitch.
p.s. That's my mother down there in Florida checking in on me. I see my sister in Chicago stopped by. Still no dot over Bath, New York where my father lives.
UPDATE:

OK... I did a manual count this time, to see what the results actually are. (The numbers don't add up to 100, because I had to take out 8 "bot" hits from the machine that captures the images that you see pop up in the "Snap Preview" pane. The Singapore numbers are high today because I just wrote an article that includes the keyword "Singapore".)

So here is the official breakdown:
United States28
Australia12
Unknown Country11
Singapore6
Thailand6
United Kingdom4
China4
Canada3
Phillippines2
Russian Federation2
Hong Kong2
Sweden1
France1
Belgium1
Finland1
Egypt1
Greece1
Germany1
Korea1
Ireland1
Romania1

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog this is the dot in Galveston Texas from Jakal

Anonymous said...

Jil

OK I eat my hat - big time. No doubt I am your 1 Thailand visitor then :). I had "assumed" that most of your readers would be other ex-pats here - assumption is clearly a dangerous (sic) thing.

At least I gave you something to write about today!

I am not sure if you are aware of your (glowing) link in pattaya-news.com - maybe I can have one back LOL.

Anyway I read you every day and the comment I make in my own is 100% my opinion. In fact I feel a article coming on about you right now.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Hey Jakal: Welcome. I love Galveston. Such a pretty little city with nice neighborhoods. The beach is quite nice too.

Jil Wrinkle said...

No problem Andy. I appreciate every one of my readers who enjoy my blog and write thoughtful comments like yourself.

Thanks for the link on your blog. It, of course, has been returned in kind.

Pattaya Expat said...

pattaya here.