Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Daily Report: It Makes Sense To Thai People

Pun came back by the house today, and we gave her some food and put her to work. I sent her over to Riza's house to do some ironing. I gave Riza 200 baht to give to her when she was finished, so that Pun would get the impression that she was working for a living, which I think is important. I don't want her to think she is some sinecure or charity case, and from talking to her, I don't think she wants to be.

Out to lunch with Stan and Glen today. Out to Bob's BBQ for dinner. I'm back to my old habits with work. Still ahead of the curve slightly, but far back from where I was just 2 weeks ago.

At dinner tonight, Pui announced, "I'm angry with Maid Go."

I could tell. Pui had been grouchy all evening. "What did she do?" I asked, brimming with confidence that whatever the problem was, I could mediate a solution.

"She didn't do my laundry."

"You told me before that you like doing your own laundry."

"Yes, but today I was very busy. She didn't help out."

"Well, did she forget?"

"No."

"Well, what did she say when you asked her to do your laundry?"

"Oh, I didn't ask."

"Well why not?"

"Maid Go is older than me. I can't tell her to do my laundry."

Anyway, after dinner it was off to Rick's bar for drinks with the gang. Bartendress Fim was back to work tonight after maternity leave, and Rick had a welcome-back party.

No comments: