Friday, March 02, 2007

A Blog For My Grandmother

My grandmother is 97 and still going strong. As more and more old folks discover the internet, you are going to see more and more of them talking about themselves online... which is a really wonderful thing. All of those personal histories put down, bits and pieces here and there. That's important stuff.

Anyway, here is Olive. She is 107 and has her own blog.
Good afternoon everyone. This is Olive here. First, I want to thank all of you who visited my blob. Gerard says there’ve been 192,000 visits but that can’t be right.

Mike: It’s a blog, Ollie. Not a blob.

Olive: Oh, really?

Mike: Anyway, blob is fine. Call it a blob if you like.(For those of you joining us for the first time. Olive is 107, lives near Sydney, Australia and I’m Mike, the helper/typist.)

No comments: