Friday, March 02, 2007

Drunk Driver Kills Two On Third Road

A drunk lady fell asleep at the wheel on Third Road,(If you're not from Pattaya, you have no idea how drunk you have to be in order to fall asleep on the hectic, congested Third Road.) and killed two people.

I've said it before, but I'll repeat my mantra for you again: I may be the best motorcycle driver on the planet, and I'll never cause an accident... but the likelihood that eventually somebody is going to do something very stupid about 3 feet in front of my bike is about 100%, and the only reason I am going to survive is because I will be wearing a helmet and driving slowly when it happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sad yet as you know so bl***y typical here. For once its something that is predominantly a Thai problem but I guess given the thai/farang ratio that's not all that surprising.

A high proportion of Thais can't drive sober, let alone drunk. Its frightening the things you see on the roads EVERY day.

I am not a vindictive person but I truly hope this killer gets the book thrown at her - again sadly we know that is unlikely to be the case once a few bob passes hands. Maybe she will feel regret but somehow I doubt it.

This kind thing has made me give up on Pattaya and we are moving far from here to an altogether quieter, and safer, environment. I simply don't want my family put at risk by these lunatics who have little or no respect for human life because they always believe they are above the law.