Saturday, December 02, 2006

Daily Report: Fugi

I was up at 5:45 this morning for a visa run. Back into town by 2:00 p.m. That's it... my 3 visas are up. New year's day is a trip to Vientienne with Rick and Da, and possibly Mike and Risa to make a proper 60+30 day tourist visa.

That will eventually come to an end though as I have a couple of people offering to hire me in their companies to do some token work in exchange for a work visa. That's most important to me because I want to bring Pui along to America when I go there for my high school reunion coming up in July. If her sponsor (me) just has a tourist visa, it's basically a non-starter as far as the American embassy is concerned. She wouldn't be able to come, and thus I wouldn't be going.

This evening Pui and I met up with Bob and Ta at Fugi restaurant (the best chain restaurant in Thailand by an order of magnitude). After that it was off to Rick's Bar where we met with Gene and Keith for the first time in a while. (It was Pui's first time meeting them actually.) Mike and Risa stopped by as well to round out the old crowd. All we were missing was Geoff... and he's more than a year in the ground now.

The DVD guy came by. He always does well at Rick's. I bought a copy of "Borat". I got home and watched half, and found it exceptionally funny. I've only watched the first half so far, saving the second half for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jil,
Which bar is RICK's bar?
Franky

Jil Wrinkle said...

Rick's bar is called "Margaritavilla" and is on Soi Rungland (the first Soi on the right past third road on Pattaya South.

You can recognize it by the giant cement parrot in front.

Anonymous said...

Thanks; we will have to go there next month together okay?