Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Thai Man Wins Crocodile Egg-Eating Contest

At the Pattaya Crocodile Farm, the annual egg-eating contest was held. The first person to eat 10 croc eggs won 10,000 baht. Naturally, a Thai guy won: After a breakfast of crickets and brunch of dried fish entrails, a big pile of raw crocodile eggs was probably just the thing to kick off his afternoon.

Well anyway, some foreigners sat down for the contest as well, but received nothing in recompense for their effort, except a mouth full of reptillian amniotic fluid. Maybe if I could have had my 10 eggs scrambled or at least poached, I might have shown up. OK... Probably not.

I wonder how many pairs of shoes come out of 10 crocodiles? Or is that only aligators?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A contest for that?!!

Well we do a lot of things with Crocodile eggs it seemsin Thailand.
I recently read that croco eggs are going to be used to make false teeth.