Sunday, May 27, 2007

Daily Report: Sunday Once-A-Week Fun

I slept in a little bit this morning, but got to work at a reasonable time. I had grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, then took a nap. There was no work left in my regular accounts, and I felt lazy, so I took the afternoon off.

In the evening it was out with Pui, Pot, and Maid Go to Viantiane Restaurant (off Pattaya South road), which is probably Pattaya's largest restaurant. We only ate the nam-nuong, which I love. Nam-nuong is make-it-yourself wraps, kind of like a Mexican fajita plate: There are little pork sausages, a bit of rice noodle, lettuce, and peanut sauce wrapped in a rubbery flat tortilla-sized rice noodle.

After that Pui, Go, and Pot went grocery shopping while I went off to Lennies (hung out with Bob and Chris for 4 beers), TQ2 (hung out with Alf and Raylene, plus Kung, Poo, Ahm, and Gae for 4 vodka tonics), and then Champion (hung out with Stan, Mark, and Jew for 4 vodka tonics), before calling it a night at 10:30.

3 comments:

Brunty said...

Hi there Jil. The things I have to go through to view your blog! Ah it's not really that bad but because my ISP at home is TOT and they have blocked blogger I have to use proxies to view your blog no real problem. I use mainly hide my ass but the problem is if i want to comment it won't work.

At work no such problem as the ISP provider doesn't have blogger blocked so I can read and comment easily. TOT told me too my face on Friday they haven't blocked blogger but it's a load of crap and I am ending my contract with them on the 12th of June.

Anyway Jil you have a great life their my friend wining and dining and even getting to the beach for a swim. I envy you... but again I don't have to worry about crime and being hassled by every Thai person just because my skin is white.

Maybe you are very famous in Pattaya and the locals leave you alone when you go out. Brunty

Jil Wrinkle said...

Actually, never once (and I'm waiting for it to happen) have I said, "Hi, I'm Jil" and had somebody I've never met before say, "Oh... the blogger!" or something like that.

Brunty said...

I am sure it will happen oneday soon maybe the mugshot on the blog doesn't do you justice. I will be able to find you easily next time I venture to Pattaya by heading to TQ2 and saying Jil sent me! ha ha

So maybe later this year or early next year look out for the big white Aussie guy (plenty of them in Pattaya).

Really enjoy your blog.