Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Daily Report: On The Outside Looking In

Today was a good day overall: I got in a good morning of work, then went out and did some chores, and then came back and did a fair afternoon/evening of work.

Boots (the drug store/chemist) has stopped carrying my favorite soap. That definitely was the second biggest news of the day.

The biggest news of the day is that Thailand is blocking blogs now, obviously in an attempt to stifle political dissent, although it would seem to me that when you get to the point of blocking all blogs, you might as well block the entire internet, China-style.

Anyway, about 95% of my hits come from outside of Thailand, and (for now) I can both post and view my blog (through the template preview), so I'm not worrying about the future of my blog at the moment. (Although what this says about the future of the freedom of the internet in Thailand does have me concerned.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jil. I have been trying to view a few blogs including yours and they will not load and one of them is even my own.

Today I was able to view your blog on the computer at school but I cannot view it at home on my personal computer. Very strange indeed.

I am more worried about my other one which is okay at the moment as I really bag the Thai government on it sometimes.

Free speech is dead, that's if it ever was alive in the first place. Brunty