Sunday, May 13, 2007

Daily Report: Music Studies

I woke up to a phone call from my mother in America. She was calling, I think, expecting a "happy mother's day" which she unfortunately didn't get. In Thailand, mother's day is a big holiday, but it is celebrated on August 12... the Queen's birthday. Anyway, immediately after having up and immediately upon surfing the internet and seeing all the "Happy Mother's Day" things on blogs and stuff, I wrote her an e-mail apologizing and wishing her the Happy Mother's Day she deserved.

I worked for a little while, but still nothing to be proud of. I listened to some music for a while, working my way through the Eurovision Song Contest winners. The winning song, a ballad from Serbia, was absolutely amazing, but I personally preferred the song that took fourth place: This song from Bulgaria. God, what a voice on that girl. Mixing traditional Bulgarian vocals with hard driving techno music? Astounding.

In the evening, it was out to Lennies for tacos and beer, and then straight to Champion with Stan. (TQ2 was having their every-10-week diver's party, and Stan doesn't like the crowd, so we took a pass this week.) I was chatting with another friend of mine, Chris, who is this mild-mannered, very likeable fellow. It turns out that he used to be a part of a covert DEA/CIA team that used to do drug interdiction on the ground in South America. Really cool stories.

Anyway, I hung out at Champion, buying drinks and having drinks bought for me, until about midnight, when I finally went home.

No comments: