Monday, May 07, 2007

Daily Report: A 10-Hour Day

I got off the bus from Petchabun at 5:30 this morning, having managed to sleep about 6 hours out of the 6½ hour bus ride. (Photos of the trip are going to be added below on their corresponding dates as I get the free time to post them... check back for updates if you don't see them yet.)

I went home and got straight to work. However, after an hour or so, a lack of sleep forced me to take a nap. Then, it was back to work in the afternoon before getting a massage (did you know Maid Go is a trained masseuse? Yup... from the halls of Wat Po itself), reading my book a little bit, and climbing into bed at 4:00 p.m.

I have to be awake at 2:30 a.m. tomorrow morning to catch a flight to Penang, Malaysia to do the new-style visa run. Fortunately, it means a 24-hour vacation in which I shall read; post photos to the blog; and, do a little eating, shopping, drinking, wandering.

3 comments:

Brunty said...

Hey there Jil. Tomorrow is going to be one great visa run. Wow.
How was the bus trip? I personally hate Thai buses only usually because of the insane drivers but maybe I was always unluck on my trips!

Have a good day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

what can you tell me about Bangkok and places to go

Jil Wrinkle said...

Sorry Anon... I don't know anything about Bangkok except that it is a city about 2 hours away from Pattaya.