Thursday, May 03, 2007

3,400 Big Smiles

Circuit City, an electronics retailer in America, recently laid off it's 3,400 most highly paid employees. Unfortunatley, it seems that those employees were also the ones most likely to be able to explain to customers about the benefits of one $4,000 big screen television over another $4,000 big screen television.

So what happens when you lay off all of your people who sell $4,000 televisions?
The company, which on Monday also revised its outlook for the first half of its fiscal year ending Feb. 29, 2008, cited poor sales of large flat-panel and projection televisions. Analysts said Circuit City had cast off some of its most experienced and successful people and was losing business to competitors who have better-trained employees.
If I were one of those 3,400 people, I would be laughing my ass off right now... hopefully while going about my business at my new, better-paying job that I got shortly after Circiut City let me go.

No comments: