Monday, May 14, 2007

Daily Report: School Begins

I was up early today out of necessity: It was Pot's first day of school today (grade "Anuban 3"... kindergarten in the U.S.). I had to run off to the ATM to pick up Pot's tuition, but unfortunately my bank had once again closed my account due to security reasons. (A bunch of purchases in Malaysia one day, a Thai ATM the next day, and then online airline ticket purchases a day after that, and then an attempt at getting more cash out of the ATM after that.)

Fortunately, Pot's school has patience, and is willing to wait a day for their cash.

Pui, unfortunately, wasn't so patient: She and Mem are going to start taking a few courses here and there for hair dressing, and Pui needed to buy a pile of hair care items (brushes, dryer, clips, et cetera), so Stan had to loan her the money for that.

Pot got his report card back from last term as well. His math skills seem sub-par, along with a couple of Thai language skills. However, since he transferred from Thai public schools and from Isaan (where they don't speak proper Thai), his math skills and Thai skills may be explained by that. I'll give it another year and then see where he is at, before starting to worry.

1 comment:

Brunty said...

Oh Jil. They speak a fantastic mix of Thai, laos and Isaan and other languages I am not sure of. I mean how multilingual can the students be..