Wednesday, January 10, 2007

J.I.P. "Moderate Libertarian Liberal"

That's how I've been described by this test: Moderate, libertarian, liberal. To tell the truth, I have never ever taken one of these "who-are-you?" tests (and I do love taking them) that has put me anyplace other than right in the center of it all.

At least I'm consistent.

The funny thing is that in my "comparison results", where my political views are compared to that of a certain set of candidates — this particular instance being the 2004 Presidential candidates — the candidate closest to my own outlook was John Kerry... at 53%. In other words, no single candidate could come even remotely close to representing my political viewpoints. Not one candidate is actually "in the middle." (George Bush not surpringly came in at the very bottom.)

Of course, the reason no major-party candidate (any candidate, actually) represents my ideas are because my political viewpoints are toxic to any true conservative or true liberal. Any candidate running on my own political stance would only get voted for by yours truly. Everyone else would vote for candidates taking... to put it gently... less nuanced and more principled stands.

I tried this other test late in the evening, where I'm still exactly in the middle, but this time slightly on the right instead of the left. This test is much more extensive and therefore probably more accurate. However, I had my share of pina coladas tonight, and that usually means I've got more tuude and less duude.
Authoritarian
Left
Right
Libertarian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have tried both the links and on link 1 I was a moderate conservative, However that being said when I checked the page the there was differences in the questions. They worded the questions differently on the answer page and that would have changed my answers. Interestingly enough I am just about where Jil is on the second test. We have more in common than I thought.

Jil Wrinkle said...

We have more in common than I thought.

Your cheap attempts at scaring me won't work Glen.