Sunday, January 28, 2007

Daily Report: Not That Bad A Day

After carrying a semi-unconscious Pui out of Rick's bar last night, I expected today to be spent listening to a WATB Thai girl all day. However, after a night's rest, a meekly smiling Pui this morning wandered downstairs to greet the day with nary a word of complaint. What a trooper.

The morning's work was par for the course. Ditto for the afternoon. Baloney sandwiches in between. Willie stopped by this afternoon to drop off a picnic basket Kak had borrowed yesterday for the party. We had a beer and watched "Larry The Cable Guy" videos (see below) on the internet.

One of Pui's old bosses is opening up a karaoke bar catering to Koreans. Since Pui can say "Hello", "thank you", and "150 baht please" in Korean, she was recruited to work as a mammasan in the joint. I'm dubious about Pui picking up a proper "9 to 5" job since my/her social life really doesn't permit it, but if she wants to work, I won't stop her. I did however insist that she has to study Korean at school (I pay, of course) as long as she works there.

This evening it was out to do the rounds. First Pui and I had a beer at Rick's. Then it was off to Champion where we met up with Bob, Stan, and Glen for 2 beers. Then it was off to TQ2 for a beer. (Pui wanted to visit with her friends there.) After that, it was up Soi BJ for some (suprisingly good) Mexican food. Then finally off to Catz A Gogo to meet back up with Stan, Bob and Glen for yet one more beer before going home.
UPDATE:

I edited this post with regard to a comment I made about Bob, Stan and Glen that was written without too much thought or consideration. I apologize to them for not thinking a sentiment completely through, and then giving it ill-considered wording to compound it. If you are somebody else whose feelings were hurt by what I wrote, I apologize to you too.

No comments: